Christmas in July Card Swap

While day dreaming about all the Christmas crafts I could do this month, it occured to me that I'm going to need a bundle of cards to send out come this December.  We moved since last Christmas card season, leaving some amazing friends behind.  Thus, my card list has expanded.  I previously bought a couple boxes of cards at the after Christmas clearance section at Target.  But, those aren't going to quite cover it.  So, I gave myself a challenge - see how many cards you can come up with using only materials from my stash in one afternoon.  Admittedly, the afternoon stretched into dinner time and bedtime.  It pretty much looked like a bomb went off in my kitchen.  But, I accomplished a goal, so who really cares about that kitchen anyway.  Here's the results.








I was suprised at how quickly those creative juices flowed once I convinced myself that they weren't going to be perfect.  I was using leftovers after all.  But, I ended up making 23 cards that I'm not entirely too ashamed to mail and they didn't cost me a dime (until I think about postage - yuck).  If we happen to be personally aquainted, tell me which one is your favorite and you just might see it in your mail box come December.

Check out these linky parties that I've joined

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love all of those papers!! I have all them and haven't even used them because I like them so much!! LOL YOu did a really great job on all of them!! I got lucky last year, I made a million of two different cards, one for that year and I had enough for this year too!! I really want to make some over the top Halloween cards. Thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too hard to pick--you are one talented girl, but that I already know.

    I have to say I love the Rudolph, Santa, hearts, candy cane...too many, I know. But when Christmastime rolls around I will be checking my mailbox daily until my darling card arrives.

    Now maybe you can start thinking about a picture as well??...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic. I like to combine patterns and papers and these are too too cute. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing cards- I may be "card lifting" some of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous Christmas in July card swap!! Your participants lived up to the challenge.. love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm just getting into cardmaking. You are so talented! Do you have any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have to agree...Wow. That's a lot of cars in one day. I think 6 is my max in a day. These are all great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I would love to be able to send some cards that look like these come Christmas. You truly have a gift if you made all these cards from your stash - they're fabulous!

    Haupi

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are too cute! I love the one with the candy cane. I'm very jealous of your mad scrapping skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute and creative! Thanks so much for linking to FTF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you must have one seriously awesome stash pile :) love these cards, and really, love everything on your site. i am a mom of 2 boys, with boy #3 coming in a couple months. i totally feel ya on the need for some pink and girliness in a testosterone filled home! thanks for sharing your awesome skills!

    ReplyDelete